Now you can access multiple gmail accounts at once from same browser. Google was in testing mode for this facility from past few days. As we all know Google always allowed users to access their single account at a time. Accessing other accounts was a bit inconvenient because of the old feature. Either user had to sign out and then sign in back, use a different browser for other account or had to use to use Chrome’s incognito mode. But now the problem has been resolved as Google is now offering multiple Gmail accounts access from the same browser at a time.
Enable Gmail Multiple Sign In
- To get this feature you have to visit google.com/accounts.
- Click the “Edit” link next to “Multiple sign-in” under Personal Settings.
- You will get a new page where you will be asked to “ON” this feature.
- After you check the option to on this feature, you have to check four option given just below.
- Once done with the above process, click save at the end of the page.
- Sign out of your account and sign in back in your Gmail account.
- Once you sign in to your first account, you can sign in with addition two accounts from the new accounts menu. You can get this new account menu in the top right corner or Gmail.
The best part of this feature is that you can toggle easily between your accounts without signing out and on top of that you can even have multiple Gmail tabs, each with a different account. This feature is only available in Gmail. If you wish to access your Blogger or Picasa accounts in the same fashion, then it is not possible at the moment. If you click the link of your Blogger account or Picasa account you will be signed in with the first account with which you logged into your Gmail account.
Multiple account sign-in feature is only available for desktop browsers at the moment. Those who use Gmail in their phones won’t be getting this option at the moment. So those who were not able to enjoy Gmail earlier because of absence of this feature can now play around. Try this new feature and let us know what you feel about it. For other Gmail Tips keep checking iTechMag.