Gmail has loads of goodies and that’s why everybody loves it. But for some people who face problem in Gmail Login a desktop client is a good solution. If we talk about desktop clients then I guess the only name which comes a lot is Outlook. If you want to add your Gmail account to Outlook 2007 then you have to put a serious effort. To make your task easier, we will today explain that how to add Gmail to Outlook 2007. Make sure that you follow each and every step carefully. So let’s check out the process to add Gmail to Outlook 2007.
Add Gmail To Outlook 2007 Automatically
- First of all login to your Gmail account. If you are not able to login directly then try the alternate URLs to login to your Gmail account.
- Now go to Gmail settings to enable POP (Post Office Protocol).
- Once you are in the Gmail settings, select the tab named “Forwarding and POP/IMAP”.
- Check the option to enable POP for all mail and click the button “Save Changes” at the end of the page to save your settings.
Quick Tip: Make sure that you keep Gmail’s copy in the inbox. Don’t change this option to delete.
- Now open Outlook 2007. If you have never used it before then it will directly ask you to fill in your details.
- If you have been using Outlook 2007 for other mail services then go to Tools > Account Settings.
- Choose the E-mail tab under the Account Settings and click New to add your Gmail account details.
- Enter all the details required to setup your Gmail account in Outlook 2007. Also make sure the option to “Manually configure server” remains unchecked. Now click next to add the account finally.
- Once it is added click Finish to go ahead.
That’s it, this is how you can easily add Gmail to outlook 2007. This method automatically adds gmail account to outlook but sometimes automatic setup may come across some problems. In that case you have to choose the “Manually configure Server” option. If you face the above mentioned problem, then follow the process mentioned below to setup your Gmail account in Outlook manually.
Add Gmail To Outlook 2007 Manually
- Choose the option for “Manually Configure Server” and then fill in your details. The important details which you are required to fill are:
Email Address: You Gmail address
Incoming Mail Server: pop.gmail.com
Outgoing Mail server: smtp.gmail.com
Username: Full Gmail address
- Once you are done with the above process, click on “More Settings” button.
- Select the tab named “Outgoing Server” and check the option for “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication”.
- Now select the “Advanced” tab and fill in the details mentioned below.
Incoming server: 995
Check the option named “This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)”.
Outgoing Server (SMTP) 587
Select Auto for the type of encrypted connection. If you have problems then use TLS.
- Now close the dialogue box and follow the rest of the process. Your Outlook 2007 will definitely start accessing your Gmail account.
This is the complete process by which you can easily add your Gmail account to outlook 2007. If at any point you face problem then do let us know.