We have found that people face a lot of problem during Gmail Login. In one of our post we told how you can minimize this Gmail login problem. One solution for Gmail login problem is use of desktop clients like Microsoft Outlook. In our last post we told you how to add Gmail to Outlook 2007. There are basically two methods by which you can add your account to Outlook. One method is Automatic setup and the other one is Manual setup. Let’s check out both of them one by one.
Add Gmail To Outlook 2010 Automatically Using POP
- Login to you Gmail account. If you are unable to access Gmail then try the alternate method to login to your Gmail account.
- Now go to Gmail settings to enable POP (Post Office Protocol)
- Once the settings page is open, enable POP under the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab. Click “Save changes” at the end of page to save your preferences.
Quick Tip: Keep the copies of your mail in your inbox. Don’t choose the option to delete them.
- Now open Outlook 2010. If you never used Outlook 2010 then click Next to initiate the setup.
- As soon as you click next a new window will appear asking to select YES or NO. Select yes to add your email account to Outlook.
- If you have been already an Outlook user then to add a new email account, click “File” and then navigate to select “Add Account” under the Account Information.
- Outlook 2010 will automatically find and configure your Gmail account with the help of just your email address and password. Make sure to fill them correctly and then click next to continue the process.
- Once you are done with filling all information, Outlook will scan for the server settings for your Gmail account.
- If the scan completes successfully, which most of the time happens; you are done with adding your Gmail account to Outlook 2010 automatically.
But sometimes the automatic process creates problem. In such situation you can go for Manual setup of Outlook 2010 to add your Gmail account. Let’s check out the Manual process.
Add Gmail To Outlook 2010 Manually
- Back at the window where you were filling your Gmail address and password, select the option for “Manually configure sever settings or additional server types”. Click next to continue the process of manual addition.
- As the next window appears, select “Internet E-mail” as the service and then click “Next”.
- Now enter requisite information like your username, email address and login information.
- Under the server Information fill the following information:
Account Type: POP3
Incoming mail server: pop.gmail.com
Outgoing mail server: smtp.gmail.com
- You can check the option for Remember password according to your need.
- When you are done with entering all information, click on the “More Settings” button.
- A new window will pop up for Internet E-mail settings. Select the tab named “Outgoing server” and check the option for “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication”.
- Now select the “Advanced” tab and fill in the details mentioned below.
Incoming Server (POP3): 995
Outgoing server (SMTP): 587
Check the option named “This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)”.
Set TLS for “Use the following type of encrypted connection”.
- Now click OK to close the window and Next to finish the process account addition.
- Further Outlook will check the account settings according to the filled information. Click “Close” when the process gets finished.
- Finally you will be greeted for successful setup which you can close by clicking Finish. Gmail will sync with Outlook 2010 for a moment and then you can access all your Gmail account features in Outlook 2010.
This is whole process to Add Gmail To Outlook 2010 Using POP. Those who were unable to add their accounts automatically; they can now try the manual addition.