In our few of the earlier posts we tried to explain that how websites can be blocked in windows 7 by editing Hosts file and in Chrome browser with the help of a simple extension. Today we will explain that how can you block websites in Internet Explorer 8.
Blocking websites in Internet Explorer 8 is much more easier than any other browser. For this you don’t need to access Windows parental control. Here is a simple guide through which you can block websites in Internet Explorer 8.
Steps To Block Websites In Internet Explorer 8
- Open Internet Explorer 8 and go to “Tools” in the menu bar.
- Click on Tools and navigate to “Internet Options”.
- When Internet Options open in front of you, select its “Content” tab.
- Now under the “Content Advisor”, click Enable button.
- Select the “Approved Sites” tab in the content advisor dialogue box.
- Type the website which you wish to block and click “Never” to block it finally.
- As soon as you hit Never, the name will appear in the bigger box with a red mark showing that it has been blocked.
- Now click Apply or OK to save your preferences.
- To set password, click on “General” tab in the content advisor dialogue box.
- Check the user option named as “Supervisor can type a password to allow users to view restricted content”.
- Under “Supervisor password”, click the “Change Password” button and set the password of your choice.
Now whenever the blocked website will be accessed in Internet explorer, it will ask for the set password. This is how you can block any website in Intenet Explorer 8 without using Windows Parental Control. The same method can be applied in Internet explorer 7.