We have written a lot about Samsung Wave. We told you in one of our post how to control your computer through bControl which is a Samsung Wave app. Today we would help you to understand, how to control VLC player through Samsung Wave.
Samsung App store is growing at a good pace and each app has its own specialty. Out of all apps there is one named VLC Remote. It can help you to control VLC player on your computer (Mac/Windows). So just follow these steps to control VLC player on your computer using Samsung Wave.
First you need to know how to find your computer’s IP. To find your computer’s IP just follow these steps.
FOR WINDOWS USERS
- If you have Windows then to add client IP, just click on START > RUN and then type cmd. Hit enter.
- This will open the command prompt. Now type ipconfig and then hit enter. Look for the IP mentioned against IPv4 just like shown in image.
FOR MAC USERS
- If you have Mac then to add client IP, just open Terminal and then type ipconfig. Hit enter.
- You will find your computer’s IP starting with a line with inet.
Control VLC With Samsung Wave
Now we will learn how to control VLC with Samsung Wave using VLC Remote App. Just follow the below given steps.
- Open Samsung App Store. Download VLC Remote app and install it. Its a paid app, earlier it was free. This app supports bada 1.2 version and is of 1.03 MB.
- Now open VLC Remote and fill your computer IP in the given space for client IP. Also mention a name as Client name for your computer.
- Once you are done with this, open VLC in your computer. Click on Tools and then navigate to Preferences. This will open preference window.
- In the preferences window, select the ‘All’ options present at the bottom of left pane.
- Now in the left pane, click on Interface to open its tree options and select Main Interfaces.
- One Main Interfaces is selected, in the right pane select an option named ‘HTTP remote control interface’.
- Click on Save to save your preferences.
- Once your computer is added, it will start showing on your VLC Remote App.
- Now on VLC Remote app, tap on computer’s name which you added. Make sure on your Samsung Wave Wi-Fi is on and on your computer VLC is open. This will connect VLC to your Samsung Wave.
- Once the connection is established; in VLC remote app tap on browse to locate video files on your computer which you want to play from VLC on your computer. Tap on add to select a specific video file.
- After the video file is selected, you can pause, forward, rewind it using VLC remote app. You can also control the volume of video file.
- If you tap on More button then it will give you few more options like stream, full screen, and clients.
That’s it, this is how you can easily control VLC through Samsung Wave VLC remote app. Now enjoy your videos using Samsung Wave VLC Remote App.