Converting audio formats can be sometimes really hard if you don’t have the right software for it. Last week we were trying to do a new experiment with wma audio format which is a Microsoft certified audio file format and the default player available for this player is windows media player. There are other players too which support this file format. So we thought why not to convert wma file format to mp4 which is actually a video format.
Before going to the details of this experiment we will first mention that what are the actual requirements of this process. We used
- A .wma format file.
- VLC media player (required for conversion)
Steps to covert WMA to MP4
- If you have VLC media player then its fine, otherwise download it. We used the stable version of VLC i.e. VLC 1.0.5 (Goldeneye)
- Click on “Media” > “Advanced Open File”.
- Under the tab named “File” add your wma file.
- Once you added the wma file click on the dropdown button just next to “play”. Look for image for assistance.
- Click on “convert” to convert your wma file. A new window named “Convert” will open in front of you.
- From Profile drop down menu select “Audio – AAC (MP4)”.
- Now click on browse in front of Destination file and decide a destination for your output file. Also name your output file like “name.mp4”.
- Once you are done with above steps, click “Start” to begin the conversion process.
Finally you will get the output file on selected destination. You can check the file properties for its file format. Play your converted file with mp4 supporting player. This is how you can convert WMA to MP4. In upcoming posts we will tell you some more secrets about VLC media player and method to convert WMA to MP4 with a different software. You can also watch a detailed video tutorial on YouTube.