There is an easy way to disable autoplay in Windows 7 but usually people don’t know it. If you disable autoplay in Windows 7 from the day you start using it then you can easily keep away those entire malwares who bear the potential of taking away your personal information. Conficker worm is one of such malware which can easily grab your personal if you have not disabled autoplay. Lets check how you can disable autoplay in Windows 7.
There are basically two processes to disable the autoplay. I will mention both of them for your convenience.
Process I (Control Panel Method)
- Press Start > Control Panel
- In Control Panel Select Hardware and Sound > Autoplay
If you want to enable the autoplay then please repeat the procedure and then check the option for USE AUTOPLAY FOR ALL DEVICES. Click save at the bottom bring this service into action.
Process II (Group Policy Editor Method)
This method is for those people who actually have better knowledge about system registry files; if you have any confusion then please don’t go for this method. The procedure include following steps:
- Click start and open Run.
- Type gpedit.msc to open group edit.
- When group policy editor opens in front of you then browse to computer configuration Administrative Templates Windows Components Autoplay Policies Turn Off Autoplay.
- Change the value of Turn off Autoplay to DISABLED. Apply your settings and close group policy editor.
That’s it in this way you can turn off autoplay through group policy editor. If you want to enable the autoplay then repeat the process again and finally change the value to enable it.
By these methods you can actually prevent many auto run virus and malwares from infecting your operating system.