There are many uTorrent users all around the world. uTorrent is a peer to peer service which lets you download different things from internet. People commonly download movies, TV shows and music videos with uTorrent. At times it becomes hard to judge whether the torrent which is being used is genuine or fake or have poor quality videos. Eventually people waste their time and bandwidth in downloading such torrents. That’s why uTorrent 3.0 brought a feature which lets you stream videos with progressive download.
In simple words, while downloading the torrent you can stream the video and check whether the video quality is good or not. If it is not then you can cancel the download. Now the point is how to enable and use this streaming feature in uTorrent 3.0. For this you need to follow some specific steps which are given below.
How To Enable Video Streaming in uTorrent 3.0
- Download and install latest version of uTorrent i.e uTorrent 3.0
- Open your latest uTorrent and then go to Options. Click on Preferences.
- Click on Streaming present in the left pane.
- Now after selecting the streaming option, select the media player which you wish to use for preview the video file in the right pane. Drop down menu shows only those players which are pre-installed in your system.
If you don’t wish to choose any other media player then you can also set the default player for preview by selecting the check box for Use Default Player.
- For advanced users there is one more option available just below the media selection option i.e. peer timeout. Once can configure the peer timeout and buffer size value. Those who have no idea about must leave it as it is.
- Now whenever you will download any video in your uTorrent 3.0, you will see an option as stream button next to your torrent progress bar. Click on the stream button to buffer the video in your video player.
So this is how you can enable video stream in uTorrent 3.0 and check whether the video is of proper quality or not.