Many Windows 7 users are facing a problem of blank black screen since an update release from Microsoft last month. Windows 7 black screen of death or BSOD can be easily fixed. Things which you are supposed to do are
Steps To fix Windows 7 BSOD:
- Restart your PC and wait for the black screen to appear
- If you have internet connection then make sure your PC gets connected with internet automatically when it starts.
- Press CTRL, ALT and DEL simultaneously
- Once CTRL, ALT and DEL are pressed you will get an option to open Task Manager
- Click on the Application Tab of Task Manager and click then new task.
- Enter the command: ”C:Program FilesInternet Exploreriexplore.exe”“http://info.prevx.com/download.asp?GRAB=BLACKSCREENFIX”
With this command you can run internet explorer for the mentioned URL. If this is not the usual path of your browser then enter the correct path and file name.
- After entering the correct command click OK. This will open your browser with the mentioned URL where it will begin the download process.
- Click run when it prompts you to download the file. Through the black screen fix program will download would run automatically to fix the problem.
Once you are done with the above mentioned process, restart your PC and hopefully you will not face the BSOD problem again.