Are you getting updates from a website in which you are no more interested? If you are a Gmail user then you can easily block such mails. There are times when we don’t like receiving mails from a particular sender. For such situation only, Gmail offers a feature with which you can block that sender’s email. Let’s learn how to block a sender in Gmail.
How To Block A Sender In Gmail
- Login to your Gmail account.
- Open the email sent by sender whom you wish to block.
- Now click on the button named More and from its dropdown select Filter Messages Like These.
- This will help you in creating filter for sender’s email address. The filter form will show sender’s email address in the From textbox. If you don’t want chain mails from that sender or about that sender then just type Forward or FWD in the space given for subject. Also you can check the option “Has Attachment” which will block attachments and will save space.
- Once you click on Next Step button, you will get options related to Choose Action where you can decide what you want to do with sender’s emails. Since you wish to block them, just check the option for Delete it.
- Once you selected your option, click on Create Filter button.
This is how you can block emails from a particular sender. Although there is an alternate process to create this kind of filter.
Alternate Method To Create Filter In Gmail
- Go to Mail Settings as shown in image. Click on it to access the settings.
- Select the tab named Filter and then click on Create a new filter.
- Now fill the details of the sender in From section and follow the same process as given above.
Filter is an important feature offered by Gmail. It has endless options which can be used to enhance the utility of your Gmail. If you can add any other tip referring to this post, then do share with that tip with us through your comments.