Yesterday one of my friends asked me about cookies and that’s when this idea came to my mind that I should tell you guys how to clear cookies from safari, both in Windows and Mac. But before that I must tell you that what is a cookie and what are its uses. So lets consider the definition given by Wikipedia:
“A cookie, also known as a web cookie, browser cookie, and HTTP cookie, is a text string stored by a user’s web browser.”
I guess it’s the simplest definition of cookie which anyone can tell. But otherwise cookies are basically a text string which helps us in browsing many websites; maintain our login session, personalization and they are also used for tracking certain Internet habits.
When cookies were introduced as session manager, they actually helped in implementing the concept of shopping cart which we see on many of the websites like ebay.com, amazon.com, buy.com, and many more. When introduced for personalization they helped us to set our preferences on many websites and just like this cookies help us a lot.
But at times they are also used as spy-ware to track our personal information and just because of this only these days users decide to keep cookies or not. This is where the concept of clearing cookies came. So today we will discuss the way to clear cookies in safari.
Process of Clearing Cookies in Safari in Windows
- Open Safari browser and click on Edit.
- Navigate to preferences. Open Preferences.
- Select security and click on show cookies.
- Click ‘Remove All’ if you remove all cookies. If you want to remove a specific cookie then select that cookie and then click ‘Remove’.
- Click ‘Done’ to finish the process.
This is how you can clear cookies in safari in Windows. Now we will check we can do this in Mac. There are many steps which are similar.
Process of Clearing Cookies in Safari in Mac
- Open Safari browser and click on File.
- Navigate to preferences. Open preferences.
- Now carry the same process as mentioned for Windows.
This is how you can clear cookies from Safari browser no matter which OS you are using, Mac or Windows. No doubts clearing cookies improves the performance of your browser. I hope you