Online security is one of the key issues today. No matter whether you do a business or not, still its important to have a secure internet account. This is fairly dependent over the strength of the password which you are using. Many people still don’t know how to create a strong and memorable password. Today we will guide you to create a strong and memorable password on your own. You don’t need to have a password generating software for this.
How To Create Strong and Memorable Password
In our earlier posts we told you how to secure your Facebook account. Also we wrote a post on how to protect your Gmail from getting hacked. Out of these two posts you will find that the latter one will in fact help you protecting all of your online accounts as the rules are same for all. But today we will discuss in detail to create a strong password.
A good password rather if we say a strong password must balance two things which are:
- Ability to remember
You will be amazed to know that the most memorable passwords are the ones which can be easily cracked. So how can you make a memorable but uncrackable password. Here are few suggestions.
- Amusing Passwords, Big NO NO: People many times use such passwords which amuse them. There are some websites like Twitter which doesn’t allow those passwords which insult someone. Such passwords are not that secure because they are not only common but they are tried first while hacking.
- Use Longer Phrase: One word password or using an actual word barely solve our purpose as they can be easily hacked by running a dictionary through password system. By using a longer phrase, that too using numbers or other characters you can make it harder to crack.
- Character length: As told above, longer passwords are better. Most of the sites ask for at least 6-8 digit password. If you can use a password of more than 8 character then it will be a benefit for you.
- Characters: while choosing a password use a mix of upper and lower case letters. For a strong password, along with different letter casing also use special characters and numbers.
- Related but not identical passwords: These days its pretty common to have multiple online accounts. If you use identical password for all your accounts then you will run the risk of having all of them hacked. So its better to use related passwords by choosing the same topic or by changing key parts of your passwords rather keeping it identical.
- No Personal Details: Phone number, birth date, employment details or any other important date is the first choice of people as their password. Such passwords are easy to guess. So avoid using personal details as password.
- Test Your Password Strength: Once you chose your password, you can also test its strength by using the password meter. Its an online tool which will reveal the strength and weakness of your chosen password.
This is how you can choose a strong and memorable password. Always remember, passwords are not meant to be shared with anyone else; so keep it secret. Also keep updating your passwords. You can update your password by:
- Changing the entire password.
- Changing few characters of your password.
- Changing base password.
If you follow these tips, we are sure your account will remain unhacked.