Do you want to open webpages or search things at lightning speed? If yes then you should enable Instant Pages on your Google Chrome. The instant feature can help users search and browse faster. The results will be shown as soon as you type in the address bar of your Google Chrome. There is no need to even hit enter on your keyboard. Now the point is how to enable this feature in your Google Chrome.
Enable Instant Pages or Instant Search in Google Chrome
You can enable Instant pages by two methods. Just follow the below given tips to enable Instant Pages in Google Chrome.
Method 1: Chrome Options
- Open your Google Chrome. Make sure that you are running the latest Chrome version.
- Click on the wrench icon present on the top right corner, nest to address bar and then click on options.
- On the left pane, select Basics tab.
- Now in the Search section, check the option named “Enable Instant for faster searching and browsing”.
- Once you check the option, you will get a pop up reminding that search engines may be logging the search queries. Click OK to save your settings.
- Now in the left pane, select Under The Hood settings and activate the prediction services by checking the two options as highlighted in the image. The two options are nothing but “predict network actions to improve page load performance” and “use prediction service to help complete searches and URLs typed in the address”.
So this was one of the method with which you activate Instant pages in Google Chrome easily. We recommend this method because it is easy to implement. There is one more method which is a bit complicated.
Method 2: Edit Chrome Properties
- Right click on the shortcut of Chrome and then choose Properties. (Windows 7 users can directly access it through the pinned Chrome icon on taskbar)
- Once you get the properties window, add a small code at the end of Target field. Please make sure to add a space between chrome.exe and the code switch. The code switch is given below.
- Click OK to save your settings and then close Chrome (if any window is open). Open it again using the same edited shortcut.
So these are the two methods with which you can enable instant pages or instant search on Google Chrome. If you face any difficulty or have any other tip to add to this post then do share it through comments.