There are few websites on internet where you would find content really hard to read. People start rubbing their eyes, consult their doctors for their eyes, and do many other things. But my dear friends it’s not that your eyes are getting weak; it’s the size of font in Firefox which is creating problem. You can easily fix this problem. We will check out few tips regarding this today.
There are basically two methods by which you can increase font size in Firefox. One is temporary method and the other one is permanent. Let’s check out which one is temporary and which one is permanent.
Temporary Method To Increase Font Size In Firefox
- Open the website or web page you want to read in Firefox.
- Hold the CTRL key on your keyboard.
- While holding the CTRL key, press ‘+’ i.e. plus to increase font size.
- If you want to decrease the font size, again press CTRL key. While holding CTRL key press ‘-‘i.e. minus to decrease the font size.
By this method you can increase or decrease font size of your Firefox. Basically by this method you magnify the page but it only lasts up-till the window is open. Once you close your Firefox window these setting will be lost. You will see same default font size when next time you open Firefox. To change the font size permanently, the process is different.
Permanent Method To Increase Font Size In Firefox
- Open Firefox browser.
- Click on ‘Tools’ and look for ‘Options’. Click on ‘Options’ to open it.
- Select ‘Content’ for specific content related specific settings.
- Now under Fonts & Colors you will the default size as ’16. Click on its drop down to increase the font size.
- Now click on the “Advanced” button next to font size to open up the following window.
- Here Uncheck the box against “Allow pages to choose their own fonts, instead of my selections above” and click OK to save.
Quick Tip: You can also customize fonts based on your need. In advanced menu there are two options for font size, one if for proportional font size and the other one for Monospace font size. Just change the set sizes according to your need and enjoy the experience.
Once you have found the best font size for your browser, click ‘OK’ to close the Option window. You will see the increased font size according to your set preferences. If you want to decrease the font size, follow the same process and reduce the increased font size. These settings for increased font size will not change by closing window, like in temporary method. This is how you can easily change the font size permanently in Firefox.