Microsoft is going to release the full version of IE 9 on 14th March and many people are already excited about it. Since the time Internet Explorer 9 for first released in beta form and then RC form, it has been downloaded 36 million times. According to the sources IE9 itself is capturing 0.66% of the worldwide browser usage share. IE9 caught our major attention when we started testing it and that is why we thought about sharing some IE9 tips and tricks with our readers. Today we will concentrate on Internet Explorer 9 i.e. IE9 keyboard shortcuts for tabbed browsing.
IE9 Keyboard Shortcuts For Tabbed Browsing
- Ctrl+Q open thumbnail view of Quick Tabs
- Ctrl+K opens the copy of currently opened tab in a new tab.
- It if you wish to close all other tabs than the one which you are viewing then press Ctril+Alt+F4.
- If you want switch between the tabs then you can use Ctrl+Tab for immediate next tab. And if you are looking to switch to the previous tab then press Ctrl+Shift+Tab.
- If you want to switch to a specific tab number then press Ctrl+n (n is the number of that specific tab)
- If you wish to open links in background (in a new tab), press Ctrl and then click on the link.
- If you are looking to open links in foreground (in a new tab), just press Ctrl+Shift while clicking on the link.
- Ctrl+T is used to open links in foreground in a new tab.
- If you want to open a new tab from address in the foreground the just press Alt+Enter.
- Looking to switch on the last tab? Just press Ctrl+9 and you will be immediately see last tab as the active tab.
This is the small list of keyboard shortcuts which could be used in IE9 to save your time. If you know more such shortcuts then do share with us.