Samsung Wave is one of the coolest handsets in its class. Samsung Wave I and II both have 1GHz processor and the handset is designed to support 3D graphic effects. As far as the battery is concerned, Samsung Wave S8500 (I) and Samsung Wave S8530 (II) both are powered by 1500 mAh battery. As per the screen size of both handsets, this battery can hold up to 1 or 1.5 day at full performance. On minimal use the same battery can power your handset up to 3-4 days. So if you are interested in increasing battery life of your Samsung Wave then you have to change few settings and habits of using your handset.
10 Tips To Increase Battery Life of Samsung Wave
- The performance of Samsung Wave is greatly affected by the constant usage of Wi-Fi. Try to switch off Wi-Fi when not in use.
- Switch to GSM mode from 3G by setting the network mode to GSM only when 3G use is not required. Also prefer using Wi-Fi instead of 3G.
- End all the applications running in background. Background applications are one of the biggest battery eating source.
- Try to use less widgets and if possible avoid using those widgets which require updates from internet.
- Turn Bluetooth off when not in use.
- Keep the brightness at minimum level. Increased brightness requires more power from battery eventually reducing its backup time.
- Disable location services i.e. GPS/navigation services. Turn this feature on when any application asks to switch it on. You can reach to this option by Menu > Settings > Connectivity > Location.
- Set Email Sync on “Manual” so that whenever required only at that time this feature will be used.
- Keep the vibration alert at the lowest level.
CHANGE PERFORMANCE MODE
And last but not the least; dial *#8740#. If after dialing this code, message comes “AP UART mode enabled” then it’s fine. If it shows “CP UART” then dial the code once again to bring it back to “AP UART”.
- Setting at “AP UART” reduces the CPU performance a little bit which is in fact not visible in normal use.This low performance consumes less battery.
- On the other hand “CP UART” increases the CPU performance i.e. its a high performance mode. High performance eats a lot of battery.
Changing the performance mode surely helps in increasing the battery life of Samsung Wave.
With the help of all the above mentioned tips you can easily increase battery life of your Samsung Wave. If you have any other tip which can be used to increase battery life of Samsung Wave then share it with us.