If you are a user of Logitech Wireless DJ whether it is R-RF11, C-RF49 or C-UAF48, you must be aware that these systems require proper driver installation. Installing its driver on Windows XP or Windows Vista is quite easy but when it comes to Windows 7 people gets confused because the Logitech support website only provides driver for previous 2 versions of operating system. But it is possible to install the driver and use these beautiful music pieces. Let’s take a look on how to install Wireless DJ on Windows 7.
- Download the driver according to your system configuration (32 bit/64bit).
- Right click on the setup file which you downloaded and then select properties. Go to the compatibility tab and click on “Modify for all users”.
- Check the option “Run this software in compatibility mode” and select Windows XP (SP3).
- Check the option at the bottom for “Run this software as administrator” and then click OK.
- Run the setup file; follow the steps of installation and then restart the system.
- While the system restarts, connect your Wireless DJ system to your PC and stereo.
- Once you are done with connecting, start the remote controller of the device.
- After reboot, click on start and type %temp% in the search bar.
- A new window with temporary files will open in front of you. In that window look for a folder named “Logitech StreamPoint 1.5”.
- Open the folder and right click on the file named “setup”, select properties, select on compatibility tab and click on “Modify for all users”.
- Check the option “Run this software in compatibility mode as:” and select “Windows Vista (No service pack)”
- Check the option at the bottom “Run this software as administrator” and click OK.
- Run the setup and complete all steps during installation.
- As soon as the installation gets finished, a pop up window will appear to restart the system. Click yes and let the system reboot.
- Once it gets rebooted go to “Streampoint Settings”, in “Room/Receivers” and select “Room”. Finally click on “Select for Playback”.
- Switch on your Hi-Fi Stereo before clicking “Play Test Sound”.
So folks, if you follow these steps carefully without missing anyone of them then you would be able to enjoy the beautiful music from your Logitech Wireless DJ. For your convenience we have added pictures so that you may not face any problem.