We have already started giving different tips related to Windows 8. Many people have already downloaded its copy. The only problem with the installation is that one cannot update the existing copy of Windows. It requires a clean install. About installation we provided a tutorial on how to install Windows 8 on virtual box. Today we will talk about how to install Windows 8 from bootable pen drive.
How To Install Windows 8 From Bootable Pen Drive
The process to install Windows 8 from bootable pen drive is very simple. It is very much similar to the process of Windows 7 installation from pen drive.
Basic Requirement for installation of Windows 8 from Pen drive involves:
- Pen drive/flash drive/USB device/Thumb drive of 4GB or more.
- ISO file of Windows 8 Developer Preview
- Windows 7 USB/DVD Tool
- Back up your essential data.
Process to create Windows 8 bootable pen drive
- First of all download Windows 7 USB/DVD Tool and install it. Also if dont have the ISO file of Windows 8 then download its copy.
- Now launch Windows 7 USB/DVD Tool and browse for Windows 8 Developer Preview ISO file. Once you get it, click next to continue the process.
- Select the USB device option in Windows 7 USB/DVD Tool interface when you are asked to choose the media type.
- Now in the next window, select the USB device which you are using from the drop down menu.
NOTE: If the pen drive has some matter in it then Windows 7 USB/DVD tool would ask to erase or clean data from pen drive.
- Once the above process is done, the tool would start making bootable pendrive from mentioned ISO file.
- When the tool shows 100%, remove the pen drive and reboot your system using the Windows 8 bootable pen drive.
Although there is one more option to install Windows 8 if you don’t have a blank DVD or pen drive with enough space. In such case you just need to follow a simple method.
- Mount the ISO file of Windows 8 using Deamon Tools, Clone Drive, Alcohol 120%, or similar.
- After this don’t use the autorun installer. Autorun installer only allows to upgrade existing Windows version. Autorun installer wont allow you to install Windows 8 to a separate partition.
- In such case, navigate to virtual install disc and go to its one of the folder named “Sources”.
- Now run setup.exe and proceed further just like done during Windows 7 installation.
So this is how you can easily install Windows 8 from bootable pen drive or flash drive or thumb drive or USB. Windows 7 USB/DVD Tool is a handy software to make bootable pen drive. Share us your experience of installing Windows 8 through comments.