After the launch of Windows 8 developer preview, everybody tried to get hands on the latest offering Microsoft. We previously told our readers how to install Windows 8 Developer preview on VHD. Today we will tell you how to install Windows 8 on Windows 7 tablet.
Install Windows 8 On WIndows 7 Tablet
If you don’t want to wait till the official Windows 8 tablet release then you can install Windows 8 right now on a tablet running Windows 7.
Disclaimer: Windows 8 is in pre-beta stage. Many Windows 7 PCs and tablets are capable of running its developer preview but it must be kept in mind that installing Windows 8 on your Tablet might come up with issues. Please follow the tutorial at your own risk. Tech Mag will not be liable in any manner if your device gets damaged during the installation procedure.
- Windows 8 ISO
- Bootable Windows 8 USB Pen drive. Read our tutorial to create Windows 8 bootable pen drive.
- 20GB or more free space (recommended)
Method 1: Windows 8 Installation Process from Bootable Pen drive
- Boot your Windows 7 tablet from the Windows 8 bootable pen drive. For this you may have to change BIOS setting.
- Follow the regular installation procedure once the tablet boots.
- Once the installation is complete, install drivers available on manufacturer’s website.
Method 2: Windows 8 Installation Process from ISO
- Start your tablet as regular Windows 7 session. Take system backup.
- Mount Windows 8 using a disc mounting tool. We recommend using Daemon Tools Lite.
- Now open the mounted virtual disc drive and run the exe file to start Windows 8 installation. While installing Windows 8 select the option to overwrite Windows 7 with Windows 8. Your Windows 7 data can be accessed later from a folder named Windows old.
Use method 2 if your tablet doesn’t have a USB port. With the above mentioned methods you can enjoy using Windows 8 on your tablet before its official launch. If you have installed Windows 8 on your Windows 7 tablet, tell us about your experience through comments.