Installing Windows vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8 from a bootable pen drive or flash drive is far easier but what if you wish to install Windows XP? I have been looking for a similar and convenient method to install Windows XP from pen drive from quite a long time. Here is a simple method which can be used for it.
Install Windows XP From Pen Drive
First of all we will list all things which you reqire for installation of Windows XP from pen drive.
- Pen drive (4GB minimum)
- ISO file of Windows XP
- WinToFlash (compatible with Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7)
- Back up essential data.
Process To Create Windows XP Bootable Pen Drive
- First of all you need to format your pen drive/flash drive. Make sure that the file system of pen drive during formatting process is FAT.
- Download WinToFlash and install it.
- Launch WinToFlash and enter the windows file path where ISO file of Windows XP is saved on your system. In next tab provide file path of your pen drive.
- Click on next and complete the procedure.
- Once done, reboot your system and change the boot order in BIOS. Change it to boot from USB device.
So this is how you can easily make a bootable pen drive for Windows XP and use it for installation. A similar method is utilized for installation of Windows 7. Check our tutorial for Windows 7 installation from pen drive.