Facebook as we all know is the second most visited site in whole world according to Alexa.com. People like Facebook a lot than any other social media website. Not even Orkut is able to touch that mark which Facebook has achieved. The reason behind Facebook’s success is its simplicity, apps and who can forget Zynga Games.
But let’s say you don’t want to log in to your Facebook account and still want to chat with your friends, what will you do then? Well there is a simple solution for Mac users. Many of us know that Gtalk can be used in iChat and now you can also use Facebook chat in iChat. With a simple method you can add Facebook chat to iChat. Let’s check out the process…
Process to Add Facebook Chat to iChat
It’s a simple process but you have to make sure that you follow each step carefully.
- Launch iChat.
- Scroll down to “Preferences” from iChat menu drop-down.
- Select the “Accounts” tab and click the “+” i.e. plus button at the bottom to add your new account.
- Select Jabber from the “Account Type” dropdown.
- Type in your Facebook Username e.g. [yourfullusername]@chat.facebook.com. You can find your username or set your username at Facebook Username.
- Now enter your Facebook account password.
- Just below the password you will find “Server Options”. Expand it to get more options. Type chat.facebook.com in “Server” and 5222 in Port.
- Leave the SSL option unchecked.
- Click “Done” to finish the process. As soon as you are done you will see a new account added to the list on the left side.
This is how you can easily add Facebook chat to iChat and stay connected to your Facebook friends.