Whenever we have a set of photographs, we always look for options to arrange it or edit using other image editing software. Few of us being very creative try to arrange them in a proper design. Some also try to make collage. Some of our Mac friends asked that which the best software for creating collages on Mac is? Well to solve their query we tested few software and found Picasa as the best one amongst all.
You can create collage through Photoshop also but it’s not an easy job using Photoshop for this purpose. Picasa can be handled easily by even a child. Let’s see how you can create collage on Mac using Picasa.
Process To Create Collage On Mac With Picasa
To create collage with the help of Picasa, you need to follow these steps.
- Select the pictures you wish to include in your collage.
- After selecting the photos click on the Collage button in Photo Tray. A new page meant for collage creation will open.
- On this page you can change the appearance and content of your collage with the help Settings and Clips tab placed on left top side.
- With the help of settings tab you can change the collage style and appearance settings. There are 6 different collage style options available in Picasa:
a) Picture Pile
d) Contact Sheet
e) Multiple exposure
f) Frame mosaic
The appearance settings which you can do with the help of Settings tab are:
a) Grid spacing
c) Background Options
d) Page format
f) Draw shadows
g) Add Captions
- If you wish to add more photos then click on Clips tab on the left side of Collage creation page and then from there you can add more photos. From here you can add already chosen photos and also go for some new photos from library.
- Add and remove the photos which you don’t wish to add in your collage with the help of buttons given above or you can also drag-n-drop the images according to your wish.
- When you are done with all settings and photo arrangements then click Create Collage. You can also click the Desktop Background button to create the collage and automatically set it as your desktop background.
Picasa is a complete software which not just helps you in creating collage but you can also add tags, share photos, email, print, blog, add geo-tags, upload and export images or photos according to your choice. So this is how you can create collage on Mac using Picasa. Download Picasa and start making collage now.