In the race of so many web browsers I guess everybody knows one prominent name i.e. Mozilla Firefox. Firefox in itself is a very good browser. Especially its free addons make it more popular because for every other utility and innovative feature there is an addon. People using different OS know that Firefox is available for every other platform and this is what makes it more popular amongst people.
For Mac users Safari is already present which comes pre-loaded in their system. But even Mac users can have Firefox on their system. Let’s discuss its installation in Mac.
Installing Firefox on Mac
- To install Firefox you have to first visit Firefox download page in your Safari browser. Firefox website will automatically detect your system’s platform and the language which you are looking for your browser. According to that it will recommend you the best edition(s) for your system.
- Once you have the recommended option, download the dmg file.
- As soon as you are done with downloading the disk image (dmg fille) will open by itself. The dmg file will mount a new volume which will contain the actual Firefox application.
Quick Tip: If it does not open by itself and don’t shows the new volume then double-click the dmg file you downloaded to open it.
- A Finder window will appear in front of you with the Firefox application.
- Drag this Firefox application icon into your Applications folder.
- Now eject the disk image. You can do this either by selecting it in a Finder window or ejecting it through Finder’s File menu.
- That’s it, now you can use your Firefox by double clicking on it.
For Leopard users:
Once you are done with downloading, you will get a warning that you downloaded Firefox. After getting this kind of warning with some options, click “Open” to continue the process. Refer the image.
Image Source: Firefox
So this is how you can install Firefox on Mac. It’s an easy process, just make sure that you follow the steps carefully and download Firefox from its official website.