Sometimes we don’t like our things to be accessed by other people and that is why we password protect them. Well, today we will tell you how to password protect Google Chrome. Google Chrome i.e. whole browser can be password protected. This can help you in protecting your private data no matter whether it is bookmarks, saved passwords & login IDs or anything.
Password Protect Google Chrome
You have to follow below given steps to password protect Google Chrome.
- To password protect Google Chrome you need to install an extension named “Simple Startup Password”.
- After installing Simple Startup Password, click on wrench icon on the top right corner of Chrome. From there go to Tools >> Extensions.
- As you click on extensions, a new tab for extensions will open. Look for Simple startup Password extension; click on its options to set the password.
- Set the password as per your choice and then click on save button.
- Now from next time onwards when you start Google Chrome, it will ask for the password.
Note: If password does not match, Chrome will be closed immediately. Make sure that you don’t forget the password as there is no option to recover the lost password.