Google Drive was recently launched and people started using it. But if you are not satisfied with Google Drive app then you can delete it. Here is how to remove or uninstall Google Drive Completely from Windows.
What is Google Drive?
Before you uninstall Google Drive first we will find out its features and what Google Drive actually is.
Google Drive is a cloud storage service. Google Drive users can store their documents, photos, music, videos, etc. in it. Google Drive syncs with user’s mobile device and computers so that if any change is made it will automatically be visible through other devices.
Google drive offers 5GB of space for free whereas if you upgrade then you can get 25GB space for $2.99/month and 100GB for $4.99/month. Moreover Google drive is accessible through major variety of devices like Android Tablets, iPad & iPhone (through browser) and it can also be downloaded for Mac and PC.
Now since you know what Google Drive is; we shall describe the process how to remove or uninstall Google Drive completely from Windows.
How to Remove or Uninstall Google Drive Completely from Windows
To remove or uninstall Google Drive from Windows follow these steps:
- First of all launch Google Drive if it is not running already. Google Drive icon will be visible in system tray icons. Right click on it and select “Preferences“.
- This will open Google Drive preferences window. Click “Disconnect Account” and the hit Yes to verify your action to disconnect it.
- After few seconds, Google drive will show following verification message that your account has been disconnected. Click OK.
- Now go to Control Panel >> Programs and Features and then uninstall Google Drive.
This is how you can uninstall Google Drive from Windows but to verify whether it’s completely removed from your system, use free or pro version of Revo Uninstaller. You can also use Revo Uninstaller to directly remove Google Drive from Windows.
How to Remove Google Drive Completely from Windows using Revo Uninstaller
Here we are using pro version of Revo Uninstaller which has 30 days trial period.
- Launch Revo Uninstaller, right click on Google Drive icon and then select Uninstall. Wait for a while till Google Drive is uninstalled. Remaining registry settings are found thereafter to be deleted.
- Further check all the blue entries regarding leftovers of Google Drive program, Revo finds out and deletes them.
So this is how you can remove or uninstall Google Drive completely from Windows. You will still be able to access Google folder in My Documents but it will no longer sync online.