Samsung launched with their first Bada handset i.e. Samsung Wave S8500 last year. At that time Wave S8500 was running on Bada 1.0 which further got a stable firmware upgrade to 1.2. Now you can try Bada 2.0 on your Samsung Wave S8500. Recently Bada 2.0 which leaked on internet few days back only.
Currently Bada 2.0 is in beta version which means you if you install this leaked version; you will face few problems. Our tests indicated that the currently available firmware version is still far from complete. Few of the new features of Bada 2.0 are:
- Dolphin browser 3.0 is available.
- Music Hub.
- Chat on, IM and caster App.
- Text to speech and speech to text feature.
- Drag down widgets screen.
- Gallery with stacked albums.
- 3D cover flow-like music player.
- No Asphalt (although it’s not a feature)
Other than this, whole UI has been revamped with a new look. As we indicated that there were few problems which we encountered during our testing. Few of those problems occurred while running Bada 2.0 are:
- OS crashed while adding new widgets.
- IM is currently not working with all account.
- Few apps like Google and Facebook app aren’t working.
- Text to speech is disabled.
- While switching off, OS crashes.
- Downloading through Dolphin browser crashes the OS.
- Many of your previous apps will not work on Bada 2.0.
For those who are making up their mood to give this beta version a worthy try, here are few screenshots:
Those who wish to try Bada 2.0 on their Samsung Wave S8500, download this version from here.