Screen sharing at times help you in completing your tasks in a better manner. There are many software by which you can share screen with your friends but what if you get a chat client solving the same purpose? Well if you are using Skype then you don’t have to do anything else because Skype is the only chat client which could help you in screen sharing.
Skype is a free chat client and offers lots of features. The only requirement is that both the persons should have Skype installed on their system and they should be in each other contacts list. We will today explain one of its features related to screen sharing. All you need to do is follow the steps as mentioned here.
Steps To Share Screen With Skype
- Open Skype and Login into your account.
- Click on the name of your friend or any user with whom you want to share your screen. You can find his/her name under “Contacts”.
- Go to “Call” and click on “Share Your Screen” and then select “Share Full Screen”.
Quick Tip: If you want to share only a part of your screen then click on “Share Selection”.
- A small dialogue box will pop up in front you asking for permission for audio call along with screen sharing. Click “OK” to continue.
- You will find your screen shared along with the audio call.
So this is how you can share screen in Skype. This feature is only available to users using specific version of Skype in different OS. The versions and OS are mentioned below.
Mac OS X Skype 2.8 and above
Windows Skype 4.1 and above
People using Panther version of Mac OS X cannot use this feature with any version.