We very well know that Windows 7 got successful because of its efficient features. Out of all those features there is one feature which is known as Windows System Restore. With this feature you can easily roll back to previous settings of your system. But if you keep this feature on then it uses 5-15% of available hard disk space. So if you wish then you can save that much space by turning off this feature. Let’s see how to turn off system restore in Windows 7.
Turn off System Restore In Windows 7
It’s a common feature among all Windows versions but you will find it with a different look in Windows 7. Follow the below mentioned steps to turn off system restore in Windows 7.
- First of right click on ‘Computer’ and then go to properties.
- Now click on ‘System Protection’ which you can find on left hand side pane of the window.
- A small window for System Properties would open. It will automatically open with ‘System Protection’ tab. Now under the protection settings, select C drive.
- After selection of C drive, click on ‘Configure’ button present just below. This will open up a new window of system protection specifically for C drive.
- Under the Restore Settings, check the option for ‘Turn off system protection’.
- After selecting the option, click on ‘Apply‘ button.
- You will receive a confirmation pop up. Press ‘Yes’ to confirm and proceed with the process.
That’s it. Close all the windows and enjoy extra space on your hard disk. This is how you can easily turn off system restore in Windows 7.