It’s been few days since Google + was launched in its pilot program. Google + is in its inception stage. Being a new approach, people are still in process of figuring out, how to use Google + more efficiently. Google + is directly in competition with Facebook whereas Twitter is still out discussion. The biggest question right now is how to integrate Google+ with others.
Google Chrome has many extensions and one of them is Helper for Google+.
This extension has got many useful features. With this you can do following things:
- Share Google+ posts with other people on twitter.
- If you get posts in a different language then it will translate those posts with the help of Google Translate in your specified language.
- Also, it will provide you desktop notification whenever there will be a new post. The notification will come with a sound and you can mouse over the notification to freeze it.
- With the latest version, one can easily bookmark Google+ posts for reading them later.
- Helper for Google+ also lets you to bookmark posts on Delicious.
- Adds linked hashtags in posts.
- Lets you to search Google+ posts and profiles directly from omni box (address box).
Helper for Google+ adds Tweet, Translate and Delicious options next to Comment and Share options under each Google plus post. If you don’t want tweet and translate feature then you can also switch it off.
You will also find automatically added hashtag named #googleplus to your each post that you tweet. It will also make all your hash tags in Google+ posts searchable which means, once you click on a tag, it will search all you Google+ posts with that hash tag.
As mentioned in features, to search Google+ from the omni bar you just need to type “plus” (without quote marks) and then hit the tab key on your keyboard. Type your query keywords and then hit enter. With the help of this feature you can search profiles and posts both.
Last but not the least, Helper for Google+ also provides you desktop alerts for latest Google+ notifications. No matter whether your browser window is minimized or you are not logged in any of the Google’s services, it will give you notifications. For this you can setup sound alerts also.
So if you have just started using Google+ and want to enhance its utility, Helper for Google+ is a good option as a first step towards it.