Windows gives a lot of option to its users. Few days back we told you how to change logon screen background through our YouTube channel. Today we will concentrate on your desktop background. Everybody can change wallpapers and set screen savers but what if you wish to set a website as your desktop background? Yes, it is possible that you can set website as desktop background. But this feature is only available for Windows XP users.
To set website as your desktop background you to follow some steps. Here is a detailed guide for your reference.
Method To Set Website Background Using HTML Code
- Open Notepad
- Type this HTML code in the notepad. In place of itechmag.com you can write the website which you want to set as your desktop background.
- Once you are done with typing the HTML code, save the notepad file as .html document. (e.g. background.html)
- Now right click anywhere on your desktop and go to properties.
- Select the tab named “Desktop” and click on “Browse” button. Open the saved .html document.
- Click “Apply” to save your settings.
That’s it, this is how you can set website as your desktop background. Although there is one more method in which you don’t need to create .html document like you did in the method mentioned above. This process is also very simple. Lets take a look how you can set website as your desktop background without using any html code.
Method To Set Website Background Without Using HTML Code
- Right click on your desktop and go to properties.
- Select the “Desktop” tab and then click on Customize desktop.
- A window will pop up, click on its “Web” tab.
- Once you clicked on “Web” tab, click on “New”.
- As soon as you click on New, you will be asked to fill in the URL of website.
- After this a new window will pop up asking “you have chosen this site as available offline”, click OK to proceed.
- Once you are done with above settings, it will download the webpage which you filled along with the images and additional files. You will be able to see the webpage as your desktop background after that.
This is how you can set any website of your choice as your desktop background without writing HTML codes. Try this out and if you have any other method then do share with us.